Monday, March 22, 2010

Candy is Dandy...

When we think of treats at Walt Disney World, our minds often drift to Mickey Ice Cream Bars and bags of popcorn. I'm here to suggest a few indulgences you won't have to share with the kids.

There is a dizzying array (if you'll pardon a pun) of alcoholic beverages available at WDW. Without further ado, I'm going to introduce you to my personal favorites:

5. The Beer Flight at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. Or the beer flight at Rose and Crown in Epcot. Or the one at The Big River Grill and Brewery at the Boardwalk. Come to think of it, I'm not sure which of these I like the best. Maybe I should go back and recheck them. For research purposes, of course.

4. Anura Brut Cap Classique -- Available at Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, this is a sparkling wine blend, typically of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. I seriously dream about this wine. It may be one of the top reasons I love that restaurant so much.

3. Fiesta Margarita, Mexico Pavilion (Epcot) -- I generally prefer my margaritas on the rocks, but this is a frozen concoction that I just can't pass up. Layers of lime, strawberry, mango & kiwi margaritas, all in one glass. Yum!

2. Sparkling Wine Flight, Flying Fish Cafe (Boardwalk) -- I believe this was the beverage selection that prompted my husband to observe, "You got this lit and it's not even Food and Wine Festival time? Dang!" 'Nuff said.

1. Grand Mariner Orange Slush, Les Vins des Chefs de France (Epcot) -- Here's the real kicker: I'm not a big orange-flavor fan. But this drink marries delicious flavor and alcohol kick in a mellow way that I've never seen anybody beat.

And some of you people wonder why I love WDW so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment