Monday, August 2, 2010

What Do You Miss?


I’m missing Walt Disney World right now.  Big surprise, right?  Of course, non-Disneyphiles don’t get it, but you do.  Odds are, you are missing WDW right now, too.  Here’s what I’m pining for the most:

  • Disney Service – I spend my whole life seeing to other people’s needs: my boss, my customers, my husband, my daughter, my extended family and friends.  At Walt Disney World, there is an entire staff of people dedicated to taking care of me.  What’s not to love about that?  And while other places pay lip service to customer care, Disney takes it seriously.
  • Lack of Responsibility – I admit it: I take my work laptop and cell phone with me to WDW, but I don’t handle work issues unless they are extremely urgent.  And no cooking, no dishes, no laundry, no housework = absolute heaven!
  • Disney Dining – Whether I’m in the mood for ice cream for dinner or a seven course meal with wine pairings, Disney has me covered!
  • Shopping – I could spend an entire WDW vacation doing nothing but shopping.  Once again, I’m sure you find the surprise overwhelming.
  • Family Time – One of Walt’s original reasons for building Disneyland was to provide an atmosphere where the entire family could have fun together.  Walt Disney World delivers. I love having all of that time with Ray and Kira!
  • Entertainment – Rides, shows, street performers, parades, fireworks: if you are bored at WDW, you have no one to blame but yourself.
  • Florida – I love the state of Florida.  I’m too scared of reptiles and annoyed by insects to ever move there, but it is my favorite place to visit.  Sunshine, sand, and palm trees all add up to sheer bliss in my book.  And drinks with little umbrellas in them, of course.
  • Immersive Experience – You’ve heard the expression about the whole being greater than the sum of its parts?  That describes Walt Disney World to a T.  The landscaping is great, the ambient sights and smells are wonderful, the attention to detail is impeccable, but no one individual aspect of these defines the Disney experience.  It’s the way they all come together you to envelop you in a wonderful world separate from the rest of the planet that makes all of the expense, planning, and logistical concerns worthwhile.

So why are you wishing you were in Walt Disney World right now?  Let me know over at http://www.facebook.com/disneygene!  




1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. My last trip was as a chaperon with 28 students in May. I'm dying to go back.

    ReplyDelete